First self-portrait with Sebastien

First self-portrait with Sebastien

Monday, August 23, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

I imagine that there are few things as challenging and rewarding as becoming a mother, however, writing may be close to as difficult and  rewarding.  I used to love writing and always wanted to take time to do more of it and I thought this might be my opportunity.  We shall see if I enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed being a mother for the first time!

The first qualification I have for motherhood is the ability to do more than one thing at a time.  Presently I am starting a blog, writing, and watching a movie/unwinding at the same time (and of course listening and watching the monitor).  I am watching a movie called Motherhood and it was the thing that inspired me.  The main character is struggling with motherhood (and still doing well) - she is multi-tasking, struggling with the challenge that mothers have of playing multiple roles (mother, woman, wife, writer etc.), coping with the challenges of co-parenting and sharing your life with a partner etc. 

It is sparking all kinds of things in me, as movies do - they tend to inspire us, validate our experiences, and make us feel connected, especially when we need these things.  I hope that I will be brave enough to share these feelings with you as I create this blog and I certainly plan to entertain you with stories about Sebastien.  You thought I forgot why I was writing this bog, didn't you?  My first piece of wisdom/advice for you is going to be ...every good mom should do things not only for her child, but also for herself.  What we do for ourselves will only have a ripple effect of making our little ones that much happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment